At Blue Scorpion Limited and European Information Technology Limited, we believe strongly in protecting the privacy of our users. We will not wilfully disclose information about our users to any third party without consent or a Data Service Agreement in place with such third-party suppliers, to ensure our services can be provided.
Keeping your info safe and sound
We collect personal data to give you a better experience, improve our products and services, bring you the very best offers, and fulfil our responsibilities in accordance with the law. Put simply, we can give you more of what you love, when we understand you better. All personal information you provide will be treated as private and confidential. The data you enter in our online forms or that you share with us at events, meetings or exhibitions that includes your name, job title, email address, telephone number and your place of work are all considered personally identifiable information.
What data do we collect?
We will only collect data we need to:
- to give you a better experience
- improve our services
- fulfil our responsibilities in accordance with the law
Various technologies may be used on our websites in order to improve them, make them more user-friendly, efficient and secure. Such technologies may lead to personal data being collected automatically by us or by approved third parties on our behalf. Examples of such technologies include cookies, flash cookies and web analytics.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any liability. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to their websites.
How we use your data?
- to send you information which we believe may be of interest to you, to include subjects such as legislation updates, security products and services or value added services
- to contact you once you have submitted a form on one of our three main websites: www.bluescorpion.co.uk or www.euroit.co.uk
- to send you marketing communications relating to Blue Scorpion or EIT
- to comply with and relevant regulations and laws
- to complete any contractual works or services
Sharing your data
Your trust is very important to us. So, we’re committed to keeping your data safe and secure and we promise to never sell your personal details to anyone without prior permission. In order to provide you with services and meet our legal obligations, we only share your data with 3rd parties, in the following circumstances:
- Your data will be shared with 3rd parties in order for us to be able to deliver the services we provide to you. This information will not be used for marketing purposes on behalf of Blue Scorpion Limited or our suppliers.
- Your data may be shared with various regulatory bodies in line with our legal obligations.
- Your data maybe shared with 3rd party suppliers who have signed our Data Sharing Agreement.
- In exceptional circumstances, we may share your information without your permission to third parties or individuals when obliged to do so by law, i.e. for the purposes of national security, criminal investigations or if we reasonably believe you might be breaking the law and such disclosure is allowed under the relevant laws, including data protection law.
Marketing & Market Research
We collect data to give you a better experience, improve our products and services, and bring you the very best offers that we think you’ll be interested in. Put simply, we can give you more of what you love, when we understand you better. Here we explain the choices you have when it comes to receiving marketing communications and being invited to take part in market research.
- We use your data to improve your experience. We will send you relevant offers and news about our products and services in a number of ways including by email, but only if you have previously agreed to receive these marketing communications.
- You can unsubscribe or change your consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails or click update your preferences.
Processing your data using our Legitimate Interests
We have a number of lawful reasons that we can use (or ‘process’) your personal data. One of these lawful reasons is called ‘legitimate interests’.
Broadly speaking legitimate interests means that we can process your personal information if:
- We have a genuine and legitimate reason and we are not harming any of your rights and interests.
The following are some examples of when and why we would use this approach during our normal course of business:
- To improve and enhance our services: When we do process your data, we will use it to benefit you and to make your experience better and to improve our products and services.
- Your best interest: Processing your information to protect you against fraud when transacting on our website or systems, and to ensure our websites and systems are secure.
- Personalisation: Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers.
- Analytics: To process your personal data for the purposes of customer analysis, assessment, profiling and direct marketing, on a personalised or aggregated basis, to help us with our services and to provide you with the most relevant information as long as this does not harm any of your rights and interests.
- Research: To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising and to develop our products, services, systems and relationships with you.
When we process your personal information for our legitimate interests, we will consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights under data protection and any other relevant law. Our legitimate business interests do not automatically override your interests – we will not use your personal data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
How we look after your data
We will protect the data that you entrust to us via appropriate security measures and controls. We’ll also ensure that other businesses we work with are just as careful with your data.
- We will always take appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We ensure your data is encrypted and secure.
- We will continually test, audit and monitor our compliance with Information Security standards and relevant Data Protection regulations.
- We ensure those 3rd parties who process your data operate under a Data Sharing Agreement.
Your data outside Europe
All the personal data we process is processed by our staff in the UK. No personal data will be situated or processed outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have ensured that appropriate protections are in place to make sure your personal data remains adequately protected and is treated in line with relevant Data Protection laws.
What can I do?
It’s up to you how you use our services. And you can manage your preferences at any time. You can also unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- Right to be Informed
We will always be transparent in the way we use your personal data. You will be fully informed about the processing through relevant privacy notices.
- Right to Access
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you and this should be provided to you, under the Data Protection Act 1998, within 40 days. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data, please contact us via the Contact us section of our website.
- Right to Rectification
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of your details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
- Right to Erasure
You have the right to have your data ‘erased’ in the following situations:
- Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected or processed.
- When you withdraw consent.
- When you object to the processing and there is no overriding legitimate interest for continuing the processing.
- When the personal data was unlawfully processed.
- When the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
If you would like to request erasure of your personal data, please contact us via the contact us section of our website. Please note that each request will be reviewed on a case by case basis and where we have a lawful reason to retain the data, it may not be erased.
- Right to Restrict Processing
You have the right to restrict processing in certain situations such as:
- Where you contest the accuracy of your personal data, we will restrict the processing until you have verified the accuracy of your personal data.
- Where you have objected to processing and we are considering whether Blue Scorpion Limited’s legitimate grounds override your legitimate grounds.
- When processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure and request restriction instead.
- Where we no longer need the personal data but you require the data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- Right to Data Portability
You have the right to data portability in certain situations. You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes via a machine-readable format, such as a .CSV file. If you would like to request portability of your personal data, please contact us, this only applies:
- To personal data that you have provided to us;
- Where the processing is based on your consent or for the performance of a contract; and
- When processing is carried out by automated means.
- Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of your data in the following circumstances:
- Direct marketing (including profiling). Remember you can opt out at any time from marketing communications;
- Where the processing is based on legitimate interests; and
- Processing for purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics.
- Rights in relation to automated decisions making including profiling
You have the right to not be subject to a decision when it is based on automated processing. If you have any questions in relation to how your information is processed in this way, then please contact us.
- The Regulator
If you feel that “We”/”Blue Scorpion”/”EIT” have not upheld your rights, we ask that you contact our Data Protection Officer, Tony Kensington by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01732 602 111 so that we can try and help. For reference our ICO registration number is Z1694185.
If you are not satisfied with our response, or believe we are not processing your data in accordance with the law you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their details are supplied below:
How to Contact Us:
Thanks for reading all the way to the end. Now you can go and get on with your life.